NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profileg
NWS Birmingham

@NWSBirmingham

Official Twitter account for the National Weather Service Birmingham Alabama. We serve 39 counties in Central Alabama. Details: https://t.co/QoHhsw5wTh

ID:590052098

linkhttp://www.weather.gov/bmx calendar_today25-05-2012 14:51:35

49,0K Tweets

89,1K Followers

466 Following

Follow People
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

4PM Thursday: Rain chances remain low (10-30%) across the area tonight and tomorrow. Rain chances increase to the 50-70% range over the weekend. It won't rain the whole time this weekend, but it is likely to rain at some point, mainly during the afternoon and evening hours.

4PM Thursday: Rain chances remain low (10-30%) across the area tonight and tomorrow. Rain chances increase to the 50-70% range over the weekend. It won't rain the whole time this weekend, but it is likely to rain at some point, mainly during the afternoon and evening hours.
account_circle
James Spann(@spann) 's Twitter Profile Photo

NEED HELP WITH YOUR NOAA WEATHER RADIO? We have a weather radio programming event this evening at the Lowe’s in Hoover on Valleydale Road from 4:00 until 6:30 p.m.

Every home and business needs a NOAA Weather Radio… if you would like for us to check the programming on yours, or

NEED HELP WITH YOUR NOAA WEATHER RADIO? We have a weather radio programming event this evening at the Lowe’s in Hoover on Valleydale Road from 4:00 until 6:30 p.m. Every home and business needs a NOAA Weather Radio… if you would like for us to check the programming on yours, or
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible this morning through the early afternoon, mainly in the south and west. This evening and tonight should be dry. Highs today will be in the low to mid 80s. Lows tonight will be in the upper 50s to lower 60s.

Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible this morning through the early afternoon, mainly in the south and west. This evening and tonight should be dry. Highs today will be in the low to mid 80s. Lows tonight will be in the upper 50s to lower 60s.
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Our event page for the event of Memorial Day has been completed:
Cherokee County EF-1
Randolph County EF-1
Hale County to St. Clair County Damaging Wind Swath
weather.gov/bmx/event_0527…

account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Good Morning Central Alabama. Clouds will be on the increase from west to east this afternoon, with temperatures climbing into the upper 80s to low 90s. An increase in rain chances begin late tonight into Thursday.

Good Morning Central Alabama. Clouds will be on the increase from west to east this afternoon, with temperatures climbing into the upper 80s to low 90s. An increase in rain chances begin late tonight into Thursday. #alwx #nwsbmx
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Surveys have been completed in Cherokee County and Randolph County, confirming that two EF-1 tornadoes occurred on the morning of May 27.

Surveys have been completed in Cherokee County and Randolph County, confirming that two EF-1 tornadoes occurred on the morning of May 27. #alwx
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Storm Survey Update:
An EF-1 tornado with winds up to 105 mph has been confirmed near the Little River Canyon in northern Cherokee County. Findings are preliminary at this time.

account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

A survey team will go out today to view damage in Cherokee County, and as time allows, Randolph County. We'll post more information as it becomes available, but for more details, view the latest Public Information Statement. forecast.weather.gov/product.php?si…

account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

High pressure and dry weather is expected today and tonight. Highs today will be in the upper 80s and lower 90s, with heat indices near the actual temperature. Lows tonight will be in the upper 50s to mid 60s.

High pressure and dry weather is expected today and tonight. Highs today will be in the upper 80s and lower 90s, with heat indices near the actual temperature. Lows tonight will be in the upper 50s to mid 60s.
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

The Winfield Weather Radio broadcast audio on channel 6 at 162.525 MHz is back on the air. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

The severe thunderstorm watch for Pike and Barbour Counties will expire at 9 pm, the severe weather risk has ended for our southeast counties.

account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

We have been able to further trim the severe storm risk to our far Southeast Central Alabama Counties until 9 pm.

We have been able to further trim the severe storm risk to our far Southeast Central Alabama Counties until 9 pm.
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Severe thunderstorm watch has been reduced to Pike and Barbour Counties in far Southeast Central Alabama until 9 pm CDT.

Severe thunderstorm watch has been reduced to Pike and Barbour Counties in far Southeast Central Alabama until 9 pm CDT.
account_circle
NWS Birmingham(@NWSBirmingham) 's Twitter Profile Photo

Severe thunderstorm warning for Bullock and Barbour Counties until 7:45 pm. Damaging winds and large hail are possible.

Severe thunderstorm warning for Bullock and Barbour Counties until 7:45 pm. Damaging winds and large hail are possible.
account_circle
IEMBot BMX(@iembot_bmx) 's Twitter Profile Photo

STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL IMPACT PIKE, SOUTH CENTRAL LEE, BULLOCK, MACON, SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY, NORTHERN BARBOUR AND RUSSELL COUNTIES THROUGH 730 PM CDT [wind: 40 MPH, hail: 0.75 IN] mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/p.php?pid=2024…

STRONG THUNDERSTORMS WILL IMPACT PIKE, SOUTH CENTRAL LEE, BULLOCK, MACON, SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY, NORTHERN BARBOUR AND RUSSELL COUNTIES THROUGH 730 PM CDT [wind: 40 MPH, hail: 0.75 IN] mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/p.php?pid=2024…
account_circle
IEMBot BMX(@iembot_bmx) 's Twitter Profile Photo

A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT NORTHWESTERN BULLOCK, SOUTHWESTERN MACON AND CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTIES THROUGH 645 PM CDT [wind: 40 MPH, hail: 0.88 IN] mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/p.php?pid=2024…

A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT NORTHWESTERN BULLOCK, SOUTHWESTERN MACON AND CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTIES THROUGH 645 PM CDT [wind: 40 MPH, hail: 0.88 IN] mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/p.php?pid=2024…
account_circle